Tuesday, June 13, 2017

What Can I Do for God?

Decades ago, a young politician with big ideas gave a speech. Not everyone appreciated his ideas, but he became one of the most beloved Presidents of the United States. In his inaugural address, John F Kennedy encouraged the citizens of his country, "Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country." It's natural for us to want to know what's in it for us.  The higher path is to ask what we can do to help others. To look not for the self-seeking answer, but to look for the answer that brings hope to someone else. As in the national view this is true, so in the spiritual world. Ask not what your God can do for you--ask what you you can do for God. While you have nothing God doesn't have, you have gifts God can use to help others. I'm going to start today, asking what I can do each day for God to encourage others and watching for clues that let me know where God wants me to be and what God needs me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment